How to Show You Care
We show we care through our use of the five principles of great customer service:
- Deep technical mastery: Strive to be the best in the world at the technologies you support. Push yourself
to learn more about other technologies and other aspects of your workplace and industry.
- Compassion: Notice people who need help and help them! Find small ways to improve everyone's experience.
Show kindness to everyone, especially people whom you don't like or who may have mistreated you.
- Empathy: Put yourself in the other person's shoes. Imagine how you would feel if you were in their
- Being a good listener: Learn to listen for meaning. Strive to understand what the other person is saying. Wait to prepare your response
until the other person is finished speaking.
- Treating our customers or end users with dignity and respect: Remember that it's not necessary to feel
respect for someone in order to treat him or her with dignity and respect. Your ability to rise above the mud, mire, and muck and hold yourself to a higher standard is an
indication of how you feel about yourself.